A man who was the last person to see his son alive says he is heartbroken to hear his son’s disappearance is being treated like a terrorist attack and is not to blame for his son leaving Australia.
“I’m really upset by the fact that my son has been taken,” James Gurney, 52, told The Sunday Telegraph.
“It’s a shame because he was a great kid, loved his friends, enjoyed his football team and I just wish he was alive and well.” “
Gurnrey’s son Michael, 15, disappeared from the West Australian town of Woomera on May 10, 2017. “
It’s a shame because he was a great kid, loved his friends, enjoyed his football team and I just wish he was alive and well.”
Gurnrey’s son Michael, 15, disappeared from the West Australian town of Woomera on May 10, 2017.
The family believes his disappearance was due to a mental health issue and he has been living in a caravan in Western Australia.
His body was found in the River Dandenong in November.
Police said they had no information to suggest the boy had been a victim of a crime and the death was being investigated as a homicide.
The man has not been charged in relation to the disappearance.
Mr Gurneys family said they believed he left Australia because he did not like what was going on in the West.
He was due back in Australia for an extended holiday in February and he was also due to attend a university reunion in Canberra, the family said.
“He was the nicest guy and he did everything right,” Mr Geddes said.
Mr Cameron Gurnes said his son was a bright and bubbly young man who loved playing football and doing his job.
He worked for a mining company and also was a volunteer at the local library.
“We were devastated by what happened to my son, and the fact we didn’t know anything about it until yesterday,” he said.
“[I] want to say to all Australians that we are really sorry for the pain this has caused.”
“We just want to thank the police, the media, and all the people that have come forward and offered support.”
Our family is not going anywhere, we just want the truth to be told.
There are many unanswered questions about this incident and I will continue to update the community,” Acting Senior Constable John O’Callaghan said.